Thursday, August 26, 2010

How to CENTER Yourself in the Midst of the Storm

I spoke last week, at a homeschool conference. The workshop was called, "You Can Have Balance." Funny thing was, I wasn't feeling very balanced last week. As I drove off, from my house, to run a few errands and check in for the conference, I found myself overwhelmed and feeling like a hypocrite. How can I tell these people, who I are paying to see me, how to have balance?! I then recalled my tool for centering myself and began the affirmations and deep breathing. I was able to move forward through my night and a had a great workshop! I would like to share the centering sequence I found useful.

C-come to a complete stop and say to yourself "I am completely stopping."
E-embrace the moment and say "I am embracing this moment."
N-name your work, what is it you need to accomplish right then? Say, "I am going to do:_____"
T-trust your resources (what help do you have, who will help you if your are drowning ?) Say, "I trust my resources."
E-expect nothing, drop all set ideas of how you want it to go. Say, "I expect nothing."
R-return with strength, saying, "I will return with strength."

This sequence, when written on cards around the home, will soon be memorized and can help you center anywhere! It will take you 1-2 minutes to do the sequence. Isn't it worth your sanity and relationships around you, to take the time? You Can Have Balance!

Things I find fascinating

  • Bagua Board/ Dream board
  • Balanced Birth Approach
  • Birthing From Within
  • E Is For Ethics
  • Homeschooling
  • The Bradley Method Of Natural Childbirth
  • The Family Virtues Guide
  • The Power of Wisdom
  • Waldorf
  • Young Living Essential Oils
  • Zen in Ten Seconds