Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Need Peppermint!

I am raising my children to be in touch with their bodies. I have introduced them to The Everyday Nine Collection of Young Living Essential Oils. I have taught them that if you focus on a symptom it will manifest. They know what oil to use in order to prevent a illness from manifesting. I have been using these therapeutic grade oils for 2 years and I can honestly say that the investment in our health has been worth it! I have always thought prevention is the key and understanding nutrition, exercise and the mind/body connection was crucial.

So, last night my daughter went to lie down and yelled out, "I need peppermint". I said, "do you have a tummy ache or having a hard time relaxing for bed?" She got up and went quickly to get the peppermint. I said, "are you ok?" She said, "I'm conscious! I feel like I'm going to barf." I said,"Nauseous?" She said yes, as she began inhaling peppermint, took a drop in water and began this deep breathing relaxed face, staying calm. Looked like a mom in labor, welcome the power, and don't panic! She never did vomit, and she felt much better within a few moments. I know it works because I ofter have a nauseous feeling and will take a drop of peppermint on my tongue and I instantly feel relief!

Are you in charge of your health or do you go to the doctor at the drop of the hat? Do you have a reference book that tells you what oils to use for every symptom you can imagine? I do and I am happy that I can pass this knowledge on to my kids, just like the old days when little grandma used to make mint tea from the leaves in her yard and rub the muscle that was sore. Young Living Oils is a great way to feel passionate about health and become your own natural healer.

Things I find fascinating

  • Bagua Board/ Dream board
  • Balanced Birth Approach
  • Birthing From Within
  • E Is For Ethics
  • Homeschooling
  • The Bradley Method Of Natural Childbirth
  • The Family Virtues Guide
  • The Power of Wisdom
  • Waldorf
  • Young Living Essential Oils
  • Zen in Ten Seconds