Friday, July 2, 2010

Freedom

With the holiday weekend approaching, I sit here and think about the word freedom. The state of being free, independence. Wow, how thankful I am to have so much freedom. Independence, privilege, familiarity, unrestraint, liberty, exemption, liberation, immunity, license. What does freedom mean to you?

I am a woman, who was given the opportunity to go to school and follow my passion of working with children. I can wear things that make me feel good and not have to follow the strict rules of the past. I can tell the truth, knowing that being genuine is a better quality than trying to look perfect. I am pleased I can homeschool and follow the philosophy that suits my children best. I enjoy the freedom to change that style anytime if it is not working. I am a natural childbirth teacher, and have recently branched out on my own! I find it liberating, to not have to be bound to the Bradley outline and to individualize my class. I am a holistic healer. I can use Young Living Essential oils, to heal the cause of problems, not mask them. How free I feel to look up a symptom and treat it myself! I can sit on my front lawn and share a bottle of wine with a friend. I think that we take freedom for granted. We sit here in the United States and forget that it is not like this in other countries. So, as I come to a close, I will be mindful this weekend of the freedom I have. I will continue to appreciate the small things and to focus on the positives. I will fly my flag and celebrate with family. I am blessed!

Things I find fascinating

  • Bagua Board/ Dream board
  • Balanced Birth Approach
  • Birthing From Within
  • E Is For Ethics
  • Homeschooling
  • The Bradley Method Of Natural Childbirth
  • The Family Virtues Guide
  • The Power of Wisdom
  • Waldorf
  • Young Living Essential Oils
  • Zen in Ten Seconds