Friday, February 10, 2012

Powerful Peppermint

I have been using Young Living Essential Oils for about 4 years! I can't imagine my life without them. I have always been into natural remedies and try to avoid over the counter meds. if at all possible. I have had 3 natural births and been teaching childbirth for 10 years. I am a homeschooling mom, surrounded by Waldorf inspired teachers, whom all heal naturally. I found a anthroposopic pediatrician who believes in the mind and body connection. He spends at least 1/2 hour with each child. I feel fortunate to be able to explore this world of essential oils and to share my experiences with friends. I don't know anyone who wouldn't benefit from using these. On a day to day basis we all have some aliment that we probably take something for or at least want to. From waking up (caffeine) to headache or body aches ( pain killer). This is how I use Peppermint everyday!!! I try to get up at 6:30 a.m. to do my stretches and meditation. This may only last 10 minutes but it is worth it! I put 1-2 drops of peppermint in my hand and then put a quarter size amount of v-6 (carrier oil, like vegetable oil) in my hand. I rub vigorously together, then bring to my nose and take 3 deep breaths in. I then cover one nostril and take a few short breaths in, repeat on the other side. I then massage my face with the peppermint/v-6, rubbing my jaw (sore from clenching, leading to headache), rub my ears to help open up if closed, continuing down my neck, massaging sore muscles (from nursing a baby all night), then rub my tummy to help with digestion. I may also take a drop in my mouth for fresh breath! This process wakes me up and gets me going for the day! How many products can you use daily on many parts and use on your kids or pets, without side effects?

Things I find fascinating

  • Bagua Board/ Dream board
  • Balanced Birth Approach
  • Birthing From Within
  • E Is For Ethics
  • Homeschooling
  • The Bradley Method Of Natural Childbirth
  • The Family Virtues Guide
  • The Power of Wisdom
  • Waldorf
  • Young Living Essential Oils
  • Zen in Ten Seconds