Saturday, March 20, 2010

Poor Choices

Ok, so we live close to juvenile hall. We have driven past and the kids have asked what it is. I have said that boys or girls who make poor choices in life get sent there. I was trying to keep it general! Well that was months ago. Fast forward to yesterday! My 8 year old son, Cade was making some poor choices with his interactions with his sister. He then made a poor choice with a friend. I didn't have the details that he and the friend were playing a throwing stick game. I have the philosophy that if you do bad things, bad things are going to happen to you. So if you play with sticks, you run the risk of getting hurt. I felt I may have overreacted and felt bad when we got home. He was sitting quietly on the couch, so I went up to him and said, "do you want to talk about what happened today?" He said, "ok, I'm ready for you to take me to juvenile hall." He was serious, I burst in to laughter, although I really didn't think it was funny. Guess it time to be more clear what type of poor choices I'm taking about!!

Things I find fascinating

  • Bagua Board/ Dream board
  • Balanced Birth Approach
  • Birthing From Within
  • E Is For Ethics
  • Homeschooling
  • The Bradley Method Of Natural Childbirth
  • The Family Virtues Guide
  • The Power of Wisdom
  • Waldorf
  • Young Living Essential Oils
  • Zen in Ten Seconds