Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm Only Human

I have been wanting to share this blog with people for awhile now. I refer to it as my private blog. I'm pretty simple when it comes to technology, hence the no frill blog. I wish I were an expert in balance, but I'm not, I'm just a regular mom. I do lose it and I feel bad about the way I handled situations. I look at my piles and wonder if I will ever get control of those areas. I am constantly making lists then losing those in a pile and starting again. I wish I could write a blog that told a perfect story. But that would be a lie, which makes me wonder what other people are saying, is it all true? I had this water bottle the other day at gymnastics. It has been all over, and has fallen quite a bit. The bottom is no longer flat, so it is hard to get it to stay balanced to stand. I stood it on the wall while talking to other moms and we watched it teeter and fall. I said it's life in a bottle, always trying to stay balanced without falling! The mom's laughed and then started sharing, "yes, I feel like that, always about to fall over, but still able to get by." This reminds me of when I first had a baby and saw all these mom's telling these beautiful stories. I looked at my world and thought what am I doing wrong? Then I saw real moms tell real stories on Oprah. I was so happy to hear all the real thoughts. Some people were horrified! They couldn't believe women would go on and tell what they were really feeling. I'm thinking it is time for this show to run again. Maybe I should do a show on how to create balance and how it really looks day to day. So, as I write this I realize that I should share this blog. I can only be opening conversations between mom's to be real. I think having a open heart and the courage to say what you feel is good for your family. Please read and return whenever you feel the need for balance or to get a laugh. I try to post weekly, and if I don't you know things are extremely busy and this has been at the bottom of the list. Yes, I am human!

Things I find fascinating

  • Bagua Board/ Dream board
  • Balanced Birth Approach
  • Birthing From Within
  • E Is For Ethics
  • Homeschooling
  • The Bradley Method Of Natural Childbirth
  • The Family Virtues Guide
  • The Power of Wisdom
  • Waldorf
  • Young Living Essential Oils
  • Zen in Ten Seconds