Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a nice mother's day, pretty mellow with not much planning involved. I got to sleep in, had juice brought to me by my boy, then breakfast from my husband. My kids made planters with marigolds, a bit of sunshine on a cloudy day. I got more calls, cards, texts, facebook posts then any year! Kind of ironic, I was just fretting on Thursday, how I had not gotten any cards out!! I always give to the mom's. I just couldn't find the energy or time to send anything. Then I was pleasantly surprised when I got so much attention. Guess the saying, "what goes around comes around" is true! Thank you!!

I was fortunate to go to the Spiritual Life Center today and hear some great music and mom's speak about motherhood. They posed a few questions: what is the greatest joy of motherhood, the biggest surprise, something you learned about yourself, something you wish you had known before hand? As I sat and listened to these women, I was wondering how I would have answered. So without much thought, here it goes!

The greatest joy I find is how much I love I have for them and how I love to be around them and miss them when they are gone! The fun we have and how they make me laugh so hard!! (I have to write it down to remember the funny sayings!) The biggest surprise is how hard it is to do everything that I want to do! I used to be so organized, clean and on time. I also am surprised how hard it is to parent and make the perfect decision and to discipline well and not have them get mad at you! The thing I have learned about myself is that I don't have to be perfect or know all the answers. I am a good mom and my kids are lucky. I have a lot of patience and parent right from the heart. I follow my gut and stick up for my kids at all costs. The thing I wish I knew before I had kids was they don't all follow the textbook. You may be a good teacher and have studied Child development, but they are individuals. There will be challenging days, but you can get through it and your kids will still love you! I would not change my life, I am lucky to have two healthy children and am able to stay home with them. I know I am doing the right things by helping them on their journey through life! It is a big job, I'm the woman for it!

Things I find fascinating

  • Bagua Board/ Dream board
  • Balanced Birth Approach
  • Birthing From Within
  • E Is For Ethics
  • Homeschooling
  • The Bradley Method Of Natural Childbirth
  • The Family Virtues Guide
  • The Power of Wisdom
  • Waldorf
  • Young Living Essential Oils
  • Zen in Ten Seconds